- 08/08/2018 /
- Posted by Carpet Image
Considering the vast array of styles and designs, choosing a patterned carpet for your home can be challenging.
Sometimes it can even feel a bit overwhelming. Here’s a list of the pros and cons to help you when making your decision.
There are two main types of carpet, cut pile, and looped pile. They are both well suited to your home.
Most people choose between the two as a matter of personal preference, depending on the look, style, and feel.
- Patterned carpets can make a room look longer or wider. Striped carpets are effective at making your room appear larger.
- Heavily patterned carpets help masks stains, which is especially useful for high traffic areas such as the dining room. Buy a stain-resistant carpet as stains stay at the surface level.
- Even light patterns can mask stains and keep your room looking better for longer.
- If you have traditional furniture, a patterned carpet can complement it well.
- A patterned carpet can add a wow factor to your room, especially if you have plain walls.
- Higher quality patterned carpets have a luxury feel and texture.
- There are plenty of designs to fit in with any contemporary decor.
- Patterned carpets work great in both residential and commercial settings.
- Patterned carpets can sometimes produce a worn look in high traffic areas, especially on stairs and hallways.
- Cheaper patterned carpets, such as a printed cut pile tend to lack quality, making the pattern wander.
- Sometimes a patterned carpet can overpower a room, mainly if stripes or other feature designs are already present.
- It can be easy to clash colours – really think about your rooms’ colour palette when choosing a patterned carpet.
- They might also limit future decoration trends or ideas.